Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Hatsan Shipment
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:18 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
canadashootingsupply wrote:
CBSA Officer called me yesterday to discuss my complaint.

Anyway, I told him that I expect a written reply but was told they do not do that. At this point, I made him aware that my MP also has a letter from me about this matter and I will tell his office to make sure a written response is sent by CBSA.

Well, tell me what you guys think.

Sadly, I think that the current regime is anti-gun to the extent that you may have to lay low until we oust the clowns and re-elect the jokers. One thing that has become clear to me in my old age: "freedom" exists only on paper; and that is deeply profound.

They are anti-Canadian.
Contract and grant records indicate they have given funding to organizations that fund the anti-oil movement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:00 pm 

they will end firearms ownership by govt delay in processing, it will make the sale of items unaffordable to the consumer, which is us

if you wish I can call and encourage others to do this to your local MP

at least if he gets 50 phone calls complaining about this vary thing about commerce he may run it up the food chain

the only other option is to sue the federal govt in small claims for out of pocket costs

depending on the judge ie biased you should win in a commercial claim

however the problem is

GOVT OF CANADA WILL DELAY ALL YOUR SHIP ENTS TO BANKRUPT YOU

I am a retired lawyer who shoots competitive for 4 decades and know more than a couple business they bankrupted by this means

3 in Alberta alone and one owner committed suicide after a 4 year court battle with the feds for over a million bucks that he won, then they appealed, days later he was gone

it was over delays in military type firearm imports into Canada, they were held up for 6 months and had to sell the shipment as costs were more than the retail for the product, also Blair haunt in Edmonton was harassed for 2 improper registrations and selling 22 rimfire ammo to under cover cop once and a tax audit, he lost over 700 firearms as the costs by the feds closed his business and the storage fees to hold the guns were more than the value of the guns as it took a year to auction the guns off. Let us know your thoughts maybe we can help if you wish

Just be aware of the downside risk of being identified

With the utmost of respect. Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:36 pm 

I appreciate the comments and suggestions folks. I would like to wait for at least one more shipment to get through to see how that is treated before deciding what I want to do. AGS is going through something similar with their FX shipment I heard. I really do hope that this doesn't become a trend.

Next shipment from KRAL will arrive by end of March. I will post back on how that goes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:11 pm 

canadashootingsupply wrote:
I appreciate the comments and suggestions folks. I would like to wait for at least one more shipment to get through to see how that is treated before deciding what I want to do. AGS is going through something similar with their FX shipment I heard. I really do hope that this doesn't become a trend.

Next shipment from KRAL will arrive by end of March. I will post back on how that goes.

Hi Raman - both myself and my close friend in Windsor area are very appreciative customers of yours and are totally disgusted with what we see happening with your Hatsan shipment. Jim has sent an email to his Conservative MP and I have sent an email to OFAH (copy of my email sent to you and AGS) requesting they assist in solving this problem if at all possible. Hopefully this will get corrected asap at no cost to you. We do not want to lose our two best air gun suppliers.

Good luck & best wishes.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:58 am 

I think if you have the licensing to import and sell prohibited weapons it bypasses the CBSA inspection process, though I could be mistaken. Perhaps using someone like Marstar in a transhipper capacity would eliminate the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:50 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
I think if you have the licensing to import and sell prohibited weapons it bypasses the CBSA inspection process, though I could be mistaken. Perhaps using someone like Marstar in a transhipper capacity would eliminate the problem.

no,

Prophet river firearms in Alberta imports more rifles, shotguns and misc for non-stock than any other business in Canada,

they still deal with CBSA for days on end if they are not busy, and some of their orders get held up as well

Call the owner Clay and tell him jeff said to call if you need some tips

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:18 pm 

Thanks for all your support guys. I really appreciate that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:45 am 

paddyfritz wrote:

I'm sure import business like Irunguns and Aztech runs into issues as well. Actually when I went thru Aztech to import a NOS Israeli Masuer barrel, that shipment got searched. I know when I had FB, I had the distributor for Grand Power as a friend, and he still had issues. Importing prohibs doesn't by pass it.

Considering when you transfer say a 12-3 firearm, it has to goto the Lab for inspections, and can take 6+ months just to transfer a legally owned firearm in Canada between hands.

It's just easier to go after little people.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:18 pm 

My bro had to use Profit River outfit to import a Browning .45/70 M86.
It was expensive but did not take very long. I just checked with Taylor and
$574.00 just for the importation of the rifle via, Profit River.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:30 am 

Daryl wrote:

importation for a rifle used to be 350 plus fees and expenses,

all duties, taxes, shipping to your door, a 2% USA fee on export and that is why the total seems high, thought you should know the breakdown

prophet river does a great job on importing shooting stuff for us

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:34 pm 

Jefferson wrote:
Daryl wrote:

all duties, taxes, shipping to your door, a 2% USA fee on export and that is why the total seems high, thought you should know the breakdown

Looks horrible on a $200. airgun. Just saying. You going to pay them fees to order one even if it is a $500 airgun?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 am 

Jefferson wrote:
Daryl wrote:

That is high. Irun only charges like 25 USD$ per gun, plus shipping from the states to Canada. I had a barrel imported thru Aztech, the Store sold it for 99 USD, they only charged me 40 USD ( for the service ) then shipping from BC to NS, and taxes.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:18 pm 

This is not good. Small business should not be charged for this!!!