Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: M11 vs Chief 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:57 pm 

Yep and the 25 cal hades work superb as well 8)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:01 pm 

tango wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:
I bought a few regulators for the Chief but when I tried it out I was sadly disappointed in the shot count. Should have known with such a low fill pressure! Oh well! I took the option to buy with regulator off. The M11 truly is an amazing buy in my opinion, but I'm a bit biased 8)
Regards,
Wes

Thanks Wes. This is good to know. It would have been my first choice to go with one your regulated Stormriders if I was considering buying a compressor in the future. As I am convinced I will always be using a hand pump Im sure my non regulated Chief will keep my happy.

A regulated Stormrider is a great choice,especially with a hand pump. No need for a compressor. Regulating a 3000psi gun is much smarter than a 2000psi gun. It makes a big difference in shot count, especially if you do the lane regulator, which replaces the gauge block. You end up with almost the same volume of air in the tube, and it does great.
Regards,
Wes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 am 

Maverick wrote:
I have read the threads on here and a couple other forums and the numbers and fpe these are putting out are incredible. I was leaning towards .22 ( I have lot of pellets) but I'm second guessing myself and thinking .25 now, looks like everyone has the .25 on here. Any additional thoughts on calibre? .22 are usually more available and cheaper IMO.
I'm another guy who drank the M11 .25 Koolaid.
Everyone in the market makes .22 cal, in every price point, in all power plants; so when the M11 came available I selected the .25 regulated as they are hard to come by for this price. The real selling point for me was the flexibility of turning it down for close range pesting, or cranking it up for larger game / longer range.

It was my first PCP, in the first week it was available (I paid full retail) and don't regret it. This thing is shooting Dime Size Groups and it packs a punch; nothing I have hit has walked, run, or flown away. Yeah, the .25 cal ammunition is more expensive than .22, but when every shot counts it matters less...

Diana Chaser Carbine .22
Artemis M11 .25
Artemis PP800 Chaser Fusion .25
FX Dreamline Lite .25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:53 am 

I would suggest, for paper punching, plinking and some hunting, a .22 would be a better choice. If having this
rifle for hunting mainly, then by all means, get the .25. The difference in pellet or bullet cost becomes insignificant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:19 pm 

Thanks everyone. I waited too long and the .22's are all sold out so I had to settle on a .25 :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:10 pm 

I firmly believe the .25 has the "potential" for better accuracy than the .22.
This is common in powder burners as well, the larger the calibre, the greater
the potential for improved accuracy, especially at longer ranges.
The reason for this, basically, is the larger the calibre, the less the bullet is
effected by minor 'defects'.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:08 pm 

I'm confident you made the best decision here; especially considering the current "Give Away" pricing.
I wouldn't sell mine second hand at this price.
I hope you got some Predator Polymags for pesting, and some JSB's for dialing it in Maverick..!

Diana Chaser Carbine .22
Artemis M11 .25
Artemis PP800 Chaser Fusion .25
FX Dreamline Lite .25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:12 pm 

The Predator pellets shoot well in all my guns, all calibres from .177 to .25, including this M11.
How they do at a range of 50 yards or more, I do not have that information, except in .177- those
do well at or to 56 yards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:41 pm 

I haven't picked up any pellets yet but I will probably pick up a few tins suggested here. This is my first pcp and I still need to figure out how to fill it first.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:42 pm 

Maverick wrote:
I haven't picked up any pellets yet but I will probably pick up a few tins suggested here. This is my first pcp and I still need to figure out how to fill it first.

Nothing too complicated, Wes will provide you a fill probe for your M11, you just have to get a hand pump ( most come with a hose fitting that will accept the fill probe)Wes has a few decent hand pumps. You want a 4500 psi hand punp with an oil& water seperator filter, hope this helps.

Benjamin Maximus .22
Crosman 788
Diana AM03 "Stealth" .177 Diana ZR Mount

Last edited by TropicalMonkey on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:38 pm 

TropicalMonkey wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Nothing too complicated, Wes will provude you a fill probe for your M11, you just have to get a hand pump ( most come with a hose fitting that will accept the fill probe)Wes has a few decent hand pumps. You want a 4500 psi hand punp with an oil& water seperstor filter, hope this helps.

Yeah I have looked into the hand pumps but they sound like they maybe more trouble to deal with given the capactiy of these. Maybe I should save up and invest in a compressor and get a tank or two for filling in the field. Pump would get me started and be a good backup option though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:54 pm 

A hand pump is a good back up for sure. Pumping the M11 by hand to 3600psi is a terrible ordeal but the good thing is that it's regulated so every pump you make over 150 bar is going to give you some consistent shots. You can choose what the sweet spot is for tiredness and shot count 8).
A compressor is a great investment for sure once you get serious about shooting or have others to shoot with.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:53 am 

I am in the same boat.I just got into pcps and love it.I got the Stormrider variant but now want more.How do these other Chinese guns compare to the m11?The Sentry looks interesting as does the Gauntlet.How do the Chinese guns compare to the Marauder?Should I buy another Chinese rifle or save more money and look for a used higher end gun like a FX or Daystate.I do hunt but use PBs for that.Air rifle mainly targets and in yard pest control.I do have a large yard and can stretch a target to about 120 yards.So many questions.lol

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:19 am 

You aren't going to beat the M11 for price and consistent shot count and accuracy in that price range. I plan to head out early in the morning tomorrow for some accuracy testing of the Sentry,so that will be interesting to see how it holds up against the M11.
The Gauntlet is also known for great accuracy. If you have a 120 yards range though you might want to think about an fx with a slug liner barrel 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:21 pm 

I finally took delivery of the M11 on Saturday after it took Canada Post almost a month to deliver it. It's a really beautifully crafted rifle and the stock photos really don't do it justice. I haven't tested it yet because I still need a pump and some .25 cal pellets ( actually logged in to see this post of what has been suggested).

When I get a chance I will post some pics and hopefully some testing results.

Open to suggestions of who can ship me a cheap pump and some pellets in under a month.lol