Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Artemis PP7700S-A
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:49 am 

Hi CAF

The Artemis seems to live up to the hype. Solid, all metal, accurate right out of the box.

I noticed that the add on stock isn't really all that great. You need some kind of optic if you want use it, but would work fine if you had an optic. I was going to just go irons. The mounting option would require a canted optic mount to be comfortable. Unless somebody has solved these problems already?

What are people doing with theirs? Stock stabilizing, optics, blinging it up a little. Anyone done chrony work with it to establish fill max's and shot string optimization?

What are people using for chrony's these days? Maybe something that has bluetooth to your phone? I think one of these should be next on my buy list.

Suggestions for the PP7700 and chronys are all welcome.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Artemis PP7700S-A
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:14 pm 

Miguelitos wrote:
Hi CAF

The Artemis seems to live up to the hype. Solid, all metal, accurate right out of the box.

I noticed that the add on stock isn't really all that great. You need some kind of optic if you want use it, but would work fine if you had an optic. I was going to just go irons. The mounting option would require a canted optic mount to be comfortable. Unless somebody has solved these problems already?

What are people doing with theirs? Stock stabilizing, optics, blinging it up a little. Anyone done chrony work with it to establish fill max's and shot string optimization?

What are people using for chrony's these days? Maybe something that has bluetooth to your phone? I think one of these should be next on my buy list.

Thanks

I added a screw that took out the play when it was extended, and drilled and tapped for a 3rd mounting screw. To get the up/down wobble out of it.

When I did my extended Chrony strings with mine. I used a pen/paper and a old Chrony F1. But seems like everybody is going with a FX radar. I have a F1, Chinese muzzle one and a FX on route.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:29 pm 

Thanks Leadslinger

FX radar, nice! And the price point seems to be reasonable as well. A pocket chrony, who would of thought? Do you know of an in country retailer?

How far out have you taken your Artemis? For now I am going to be stuck at 10 meters, which is plenty good for me to work on stance, breathing and trigger control. Not a competitor by any stretch but really enjoy the cadence. That this is single shot just makes it all the better for that.

I see people on youtube fiddling with what they are calling a 'regulator' control. This little guy isn't regulated is it? Mine didn't come with any adjustment tools, just the extra seals, fill probe and a metal tube with a hole in the side. Any idea what that metal tube is for?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:32 pm 

I just run a red dot on mine and shooting it like a handgun - with 2 hands.

IIRC, it was running 408fps with 21.3gr. H&H pellets. I didn't chronograph it
with lighter pellets. It also shoots as well, with 15.89gr. Hades pellets and
16gr. Predators. When I'm on, it keeps them in the 10 ring at 10 meters.

Attachments:
IMG_2835.JPG
IMG_2835.JPG [ 169.48 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]
PP700SA .22 resized.jpg
PP700SA .22 resized.jpg [ 154.32 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]
PP700As.22 20m resized.jpg
PP700As.22 20m resized.jpg [ 366.14 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]

Last edited by Daryl on Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:34 pm 

Another option

Attachments:
20191226_111917-1.jpg
20191226_111917-1.jpg [ 131.03 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:38 pm 

pistolero wrote:
Another option

Oh, yes, that. Where did you source that? I didn't see anything like that available or I would of snagged it straight up.

Daryl wrote:
I just run a red dot on mine and shooting it like a handgun - with 2 hands.

Really nice shooting Daryl, I would be thrilled to get groups like that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:50 pm 

I made that myself, been planning to put a cheek riser.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:18 pm 

pistolero wrote:
I made that myself, been planning to put a cheek riser.

Job well done!

Using these as a small 'carbine' is certainly a good way to go.

Some reviews I've read state that they shoot a little low, but with standard CPHP and some jumbo 'sniper' at 17g I find it pretty much point of aim with the irons. Never got one of these before that were dead on from the factory.

For the price, this sure impresses me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:21 pm 

Miguelitos wrote:
Thanks Leadslinger

FX radar, nice! And the price point seems to be reasonable as well. A pocket chrony, who would of thought? Do you know of an in country retailer?

How far out have you taken your Artemis? For now I am going to be stuck at 10 meters, which is plenty good for me to work on stance, breathing and trigger control. Not a competitor by any stretch but really enjoy the cadence. That this is single shot just makes it all the better for that.

I see people on youtube fiddling with what they are calling a 'regulator' control. This little guy isn't regulated is it? Mine didn't come with any adjustment tools, just the extra seals, fill probe and a metal tube with a hole in the side. Any idea what that metal tube is for?

Thanks!

Airgun Archery Fun, or Airgun Source would have the FX radar. But I may bought the last one from AAF. 30 ish meters I had mine out.

Yes PP700SA are regulated. Regulator control is a Allen head screw under the gun, forward of the trigger. I wouldn't mess with it, unless you got a Chrony. They are set from the factory to a set pressure to comply with Canada FPS rules.

Metal tube is just a wrench to remove the fill guage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:49 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

Airgun Archery Fun, or Airgun Source would have the FX radar. But I may bought the last one from AAF. 30 ish meters I had mine out.

Yes PP700SA are regulated. Regulator control is a Allen head screw under the gun, forward of the trigger. I wouldn't mess with it, unless you got a Chrony. They are set from the factory to a set pressure to comply with Canada FPS rules.

Metal tube is just a wrench to remove the fill guage.

Thank you, the question was more in line with - is that true? I have paid over $100 for regulators in the past. How they have managed to do this for the price point is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:14 pm 

I also added two extra screws to the side to take out the up and down wiggle and added a screw to the face of the stock to tighten up the lock.

My reg creeped so I tried to fix it and ended up making it worse, so I ordered a replacement from huma.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:16 pm 

Miguelitos wrote:
Thank you, the question was more in line with - is that true? I have paid over $100 for regulators in the past. How they have managed to do this for the price point is beyond me.

It’s Chinese, they know how to make things for cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:12 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Miguelitos wrote:
Hi CAF

Thanks

I added a screw that took out the play when it was extended, and drilled and tapped for a 3rd mounting screw. To get the up/down wobble out of it.

When I did my extended Chrony strings with mine. I used a pen/paper and a old Chrony F1. But seems like everybody is going with a FX radar. I have a F1, Chinese muzzle one and a FX on route.

Mine is nearly the same as this one.Ohunt scope 2.5x10 works great.I got mine from airgunarghery&fun, wes great guy,in sask

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:52 am 

Tallieho1 wrote:
Mine is nearly the same as this one.Ohunt scope 2.5x10 works great.I got mine from airgunarghery&fun, wes great guy,in sask

Could you pass me a link to the retailer you are referring to? Any google search of air gunnery and I find information about WWII vets and B52 bombers! Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:14 am 

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/2x20-pistol ... ye-relief/

Not sure if you are looking for the pistol scope or something else from Wes's store... This is a link to the scope directly and you can also take a look at other good stuffs. Wes is the top notch good guy here servicing us for a long time already!

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit