Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 pm 

You can download it here:

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pdf/firearms ... af-eng.pdf

But I don't understand the "Legal Classification" section. There's one at the top, and there there's another under "Calibre, Shots and Barrel Length".

Usually the "Summary" section has it as "Non-Restricted", but underneath the other section it mentions "Prohibited".

Attachment:
Sample FRT.png
Sample FRT.png [ 102.79 KiB | Viewed 285 times ]

So, what exactly is it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:05 am 

Ha! Good question. But I think you'll find the true classification through the description under "Model." This rifle has an integrated suppressor in its shroud. That would make it prohibited unless modified by the manufacturer prior to import.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:35 am 

The Daystate Pulsar in 177 and 22 are prohibited

cc 84(1) prohibited device paragraph
(a) any component or part of a weapon, or any accessory for use with a weapon, that is prescribed to be a prohibited device

My guess would be it uses the same barrel action as other Daystate air rifle, therefore the the "stock" is viewed as a modification to make it bullpup, and bullpup conversion stock are illegal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:21 pm 

czar wrote:
You can download it here:

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pdf/firearms ... af-eng.pdf

But I don't understand the "Legal Classification" section. There's one at the top, and there there's another under "Calibre, Shots and Barrel Length".

Usually the "Summary" section has it as "Non-Restricted", but underneath the other section it mentions "Prohibited".

Attachment:
Sample FRT.png

So, what exactly is it?

Looks to me it was presented as a non-restricted firearm and that the finding was "prohibited" in both calibres - likely due to design.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:44 pm 

If you look through the FRT, there are plenty that are classified as 'Prohibited' on the top portion. Does that mean it was submitted as 'Prohibited' as per your logic?

I am aware (in the Pulsar case) about the shroud/silencer. It was just an example that I was confused about.

Does anyone actually know?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:31 am 

Ahh I see what you mean and erased my reply, lol. That is a bit strange. I wonder if it's possible there was a non restricted classification at one time and then they removed it?
Interesting.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:44 pm 

Search cc 84(1) para "a"
Huge list.

Most likely due to the shorter barrel and suppressive thingys inside it.

I was going to bring in Daystate Air Ranger, from the USA but they say no, cause of the thingys in the shroud. I asked if it was sent over without the shroud and thingys, no problem, as you know.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:13 am 

czar wrote:
If you look through the FRT, there are plenty that are classified as 'Prohibited' on the top portion. Does that mean it was submitted as 'Prohibited' as per your logic?

I am aware (in the Pulsar case) about the shroud/silencer. It was just an example that I was confused about.

Does anyone actually know?

Buy one and find out, or call them and ask.

You have the FRT.