Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:35 am 

Two weeks ago I busted a spring in the trigger of a QB78. Made a new one out of a spring I had in my tool room which was the exact size. Three days ago my main Airhawk I shoot daily jammed up, grinding and had to tear it apart. Trigger fell apart on me. Got it all repaired after about 5 tries and shooting well again. I see it was slowly degrading and thought It was me. Crash coarse of learning of Airguns recently. My guns are older and most get shot on a daily basis but during lockdown some are shot 6 or 7 hours strait. I am now thinking about parts guns as a "just in case". I am glad I stockpile so many pellets long ago and when I used a tin I would usually replace it and get a few extra. I would be super bored in lockdown with not being able to shoot.

Anyone else breaking guns from the amount of shooting during Covid-19?

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:57 am 

Nope, business as usual for me. The best part of my job: Flexible hours and work from home. The worst part of my job: Flexible hours and work from home. With lock down, seems I'm always in work-ready mode. Now that spring is here, I hope to start shooting again and enjoying the outdoors. Back in the teens (2012-2015) I was shooting a tin of 500 every day. In around '17 I was down to a tin a year, slowly since late '19 to date I'm back up to a tin a month, although in Feb, Mar I was at a tin a week, and that's through maybe 5 or 6 rifles, so no one gets the full amount. I must say in 10 solid years of shooting, tinkering and tuning, I have never had a broken spring. Only had to change seals on QB78's, breach seals and piston seals on B18/19s. Maybe I just don't shoot any one of them enough to wear it out, or continual maintenance, tightening, lubing staves off damage. I know at least one rifle I sold to a forum member required some maintenance 2 years after he got it. I put maybe a couple tins through it in 5-6 years he probably put 10 tins through in 2 years. That said, i enjoy the tuning way more than the shooting. :drinkers:

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:58 am 

I busted my Crosman 357, while Crosman didn't have any parts. R&R had them. So should be back together end of the next week.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:11 pm 

Still working myself, haven't had a day out in a while all the ranges are closed in the Hamilton area. With the wife home the basement range is shut down as well, haha.
Be safe

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:32 pm 

Still retired. Scope arrived from Wes yesterday, so I mounted it on the M11 .25, and put the 3-12X Leapers
back on the M98. I'll have to get out to the range to sight them both back in this afternoon, I guess. If I
can remember, I'll take the camera and snap a pictures. It's the rimfire/silhouette range where I shoot my
air guns.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:33 pm 

I broke my Webley tempest a few weeks in. I need to buy a punch before I can take it apart to try and fix it.