Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 112
]I've only the Crosman DPMS SBR for over 2 months now, and am still amazed that this gun can be so accurate - for a smooth barrel BB gun shooting at 14 feet, I'm able to hit the same mark with a fresh CO2 for at least 1 magazine and thereafter as the pressure drops, it tends to sway very minor to the right/left, but even still it's accurate to carve out the center of a bulls eye.

Have a look at the image: shooting at 14feet, using a red dot laser that's zeroed in. The shot that's off center was a mistake...it was the first shot, and I didn't mean to press the trigger :)

Attachment:
20200504_081809_resized.jpg
20200504_081809_resized.jpg [ 267.4 KiB | Viewed 354 times ]


Anyhow, long story short....if you're looking for a well built automatic that's accurate I'd look no further! Here's a picture of my DPMS: red dot site, flashlight and bipod support with a silencer barrel as well.

Attachment:
20200504_095718_resized.jpg
20200504_095718_resized.jpg [ 223.18 KiB | Viewed 354 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 646
Location: Winnipeg MB
I concur with BBKen. I'm getting similar results with my Crosman DPMS.

Have not tried the variations of the rifle (i.e. Bushmaster, R1, or different color DPMS).

BTW, I find most of my full auto BB guns have similar accuracy on my 24 ft. indoor range (MP40, M1A1, Uzi).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Chilliwack, BC
I love mine aside from the leaky mags.


Attachments:
7869ED93-FC26-4B5D-A5FD-3583D347E26F.jpeg
7869ED93-FC26-4B5D-A5FD-3583D347E26F.jpeg [ 114.1 KiB | Viewed 317 times ]

_________________
Instagram @replicacanada
www.replicacanada.com
https://is.gd/ReplicaCanadaYouTube
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 112
BB1S: I'll have to try it out at 24feet...will need to clear basement space for that. At that range, you finding your DPMS just as accurate?


BB1Shooter wrote:
I concur with BBKen. I'm getting similar results with my Crosman DPMS.

Have not tried the variations of the rifle (i.e. Bushmaster, R1, or different color DPMS).

BTW, I find most of my full auto BB guns have similar accuracy on my 24 ft. indoor range (MP40, M1A1, Uzi).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 112
Thanks for sharing...I suppose I could use the tan color version just as well....

I had a leaky magazine too, but I find that putting lesser Pellgunoil helps....I was putting a full drop, which perhaps was too much, so I put a light coating and seems to work.

Is your magazine leaking constantly that you can hear a hiss?

replicacanada wrote:
I love mine aside from the leaky mags.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 646
Location: Winnipeg MB
BBKen, yes I find it as accurate as yours, even at 24 ft. in single action. Need to hold it tight in full auto for sustained burst of 25 shots, or it will drift off a bit. But tight groups for short bursts. (Same for other full autos).

Too many options of this gun now (not a negative, just my comments), 3 color choices (black, flat dark earth, and now grey), as well as the Bushmaster & R1. And soon to come AK version.

My preference was to just get one of them, and also get a MP40, M1A1, & MPX (in FDE)

Replica, I have 2 mags. no air leaking issues.

Maybe wait for the extended mags. and get one of those.

Nice camo skin on yours. Are you going to skin any more of it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Chilliwack, BC
BBKen wrote:
Thanks for sharing...I suppose I could use the tan color version just as well....

I had a leaky magazine too, but I find that putting lesser Pellgunoil helps....I was putting a full drop, which perhaps was too much, so I put a light coating and seems to work.

Is your magazine leaking constantly that you can hear a hiss?

replicacanada wrote:
I love mine aside from the leaky mags.


I have owned 3 magazines, all 3 have leaked, enough that they're drained within an hour or less. You can hear the air escaping.

Crosman finally responded to me, and is sending new ones (IN JULY MIND YOU), but I'm happy with that.

My leaky magazine fix video is one of my top viewed videos. It fixed it temporarily then it started leaking again.

_________________
Instagram @replicacanada
www.replicacanada.com
https://is.gd/ReplicaCanadaYouTube


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Chilliwack, BC
BB1Shooter wrote:

Replica, I have 2 mags. no air leaking issues.

Maybe wait for the extended mags. and get one of those.

Nice camo skin on yours. Are you going to skin any more of it?


That's good you have not had any issues. I get that things like this happen, but it's been a long frustrating road. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel when Crosman responded and put me in touch with the Canadian distrbutor.

As for the skin, no more than what's on it now, It was just an accent piece. Gunskins are expensive. However, I do want to do up my gauntlet in "Prym1 Black Out"

_________________
Instagram @replicacanada
www.replicacanada.com
https://is.gd/ReplicaCanadaYouTube


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 112
Sorry to hear that you have had 3 leaking mags - this must be a manufacturer defect!

Happy to hear that you are getting replacements though, so that's a good thing...maybe some magazines are from a bad batch??? From what you said, it sounded like you had to fight with Crosman to get some compensation.

Do you have to send back your 3 defective mags I wonder? Crosman has a division in Canada that is sending you dealt with and sending you the replacement?


replicacanada wrote:
I love mine aside from the leaky mags.
[/quote]

I have owned 3 magazines, all 3 have leaked, enough that they're drained within an hour or less. You can hear the air escaping.

Crosman finally responded to me, and is sending new ones (IN JULY MIND YOU), but I'm happy with that.

My leaky magazine fix video is one of my top viewed videos. It fixed it temporarily then it started leaking again.[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Chilliwack, BC
BBKen wrote:
Sorry to hear that you have had 3 leaking mags - this must be a manufacturer defect!

Happy to hear that you are getting replacements though, so that's a good thing...maybe some magazines are from a bad batch??? From what you said, it sounded like you had to fight with Crosman to get some compensation.

Do you have to send back your 3 defective mags I wonder? Crosman has a division in Canada that is sending you dealt with and sending you the replacement?


Yes they have a distributor in Canada called the Gravel Agency. Not been told to return the mags, just yet.

_________________
Instagram @replicacanada
www.replicacanada.com
https://is.gd/ReplicaCanadaYouTube


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 112
I might have just jinxed myself - this morning my cartridge only gave me 40 shots as the magazine leaked!!!!!

Well, perhaps I'm now in the bandwagon of leaking mags, and will try later again. Well, this is disappointing :(

If I need to get warranty on this, I guess I might as well start thinking ahead. What's the process that you used to start the process if you don't mine sharing. I assume I'll reach out to Crosman first...but what happens after that and how does the timeframe look like in your experience?

Thanks@

replicacanada wrote:

Yes they have a distributor in Canada called the Gravel Agency. Not been told to return the mags, just yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Chilliwack, BC
BBKen wrote:
I might have just jinxed myself - this morning my cartridge only gave me 40 shots as the magazine leaked!!!!!

Well, perhaps I'm now in the bandwagon of leaking mags, and will try later again. Well, this is disappointing :(

If I need to get warranty on this, I guess I might as well start thinking ahead. What's the process that you used to start the process if you don't mine sharing. I assume I'll reach out to Crosman first...but what happens after that and how does the timeframe look like in your experience?

Thanks@



Start with where you bought it, they should help you out first. For me I bought it from pyramid air, and Crosman wouldn’t honour it because of Cross border purchase. However they connected me with the Canadian distributor after a few back and forth emails.

Pyramid was awesome btw and replaced the first one and the replacement leaked too, I had originally only bought 2. But all 3 ended up leaking.

If it just leaked overnight or over a couple days they probably won’t do much for you. Technically you should use up your Co2 each session and not leave it in the gun. However some models are better than others.

_________________
Instagram @replicacanada
www.replicacanada.com
https://is.gd/ReplicaCanadaYouTube


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6558
Location: Montreal
These are soooo much fun. I bought the DPMS and couldn't resist the smaller Bushmaster.
I totally get why people like the AR plateform now (even if our PM is trying hard to take it away).

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3694
Location: Edmonton
The man is "trying," Doc, but not in this particular case. :roll:
He's doin' it.
I sure hope he has the balls to call an election in October.
If gun owners don't get off their asses and vote pro-gun then (or whenever),
(all these petitions are without much value)
It's all over for at least a decade.

Don't know about anyone else here, but I sure don't have the time to wait.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crosman DPMS SBR
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 903
Location: North Of Toronto
Hey doc.....check the colour out on this Crosman DPMS SBR. It's okay, not the beige.


https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_ ... _Grey/5222

_________________
Benjamin Discovery .22
Discovery 2240 Pistol .22
Crosman DPMS SBR
KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO