Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Nova Scotia
Saw the announcement for this new bb/dart pistol today. Looks like it was teased back in October 2019. The website for it is only half functional with a lot of "error 404" issues. Not sure if it's a legit airgun, if the company releasing it is just remarkably small or what. All I know is I want one. 12 shot semi automatic with a tip up barrel, field strippable, and very reminiscent of a beretta mouse gun. Takes custom 8g CO2 cylinders (to keep the pistol small). Anybody know anything more about them? Like where and when they can be purchased?

https://goblinairsports.com

_________________
Webley Tempest
Crosman 2289
Beeman QB78


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1352
Location: Eastern Townships
Don't know much about them, though I heard from them a while ago, and never saw a review on a forum.

They have contact infos at least:

Phone Number
833-4Goblin
(1-833-446-2546)

Email Address
info@goblinairsports.com

Our Office
PO Box 260
452 E Silverado Ranch Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV USA
89183

_________________
If everything's so lovely yeah, then why don't I, why don't I, why don't I, why don'I feel lovely?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Nova Scotia
I contacted them- they were in the midst of setting up their dealer network when the pandemic hit. Located in BC despite the pistol saying "las vegas" on it. I'll definitely support a Canadian airgun company. I don't know of any others in existence. I'll get behind this company. I'd rather support Canadian - why don't we have a "buy Canadian" movement like the US does? I'd buy one just for the tip up barrel. Thing looks amazingly cool. I doubt it'll be accurate at all though- shoots bb's, very short barrel. Definitely a backyard plinker.

_________________
Webley Tempest
Crosman 2289
Beeman QB78


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3318
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Trevor wrote:
I contacted them- they were in the midst of setting up their dealer network when the pandemic hit. Located in BC despite the pistol saying "las vegas" on it. I'll definitely support a Canadian airgun company. I don't know of any others in existence. I'll get behind this company. I'd rather support Canadian - why don't we have a "buy Canadian" movement like the US does? I'd buy one just for the tip up barrel. Thing looks amazingly cool. I doubt it'll be accurate at all though- shoots bb's, very short barrel. Definitely a backyard plinker.



Something fishy about them. I know earlier in the year, there was another thread about them. I know back then, they were using the best a lot, to describe their product. Well who voted the best? Considering I don't think anyone here owns one. Honestly I find alot of Canadian products mediocre. Esp when it comes to slinging some sort of projectile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Nova Scotia
leadslinger wrote:
Trevor wrote:
I contacted them- they were in the midst of setting up their dealer network when the pandemic hit. Located in BC despite the pistol saying "las vegas" on it. I'll definitely support a Canadian airgun company. I don't know of any others in existence. I'll get behind this company. I'd rather support Canadian - why don't we have a "buy Canadian" movement like the US does? I'd buy one just for the tip up barrel. Thing looks amazingly cool. I doubt it'll be accurate at all though- shoots bb's, very short barrel. Definitely a backyard plinker.



Something fishy about them. I know earlier in the year, there was another thread about them. I know back then, they were using the best a lot, to describe their product. Well who voted the best? Considering I don't think anyone here owns one. Honestly I find alot of Canadian products mediocre. Esp when it comes to slinging some sort of projectile.

What Canadian products are there that sling a projectile? I know savage arms makes rimfire rifles in Canada, which are typically met with good reviews. I'm not aware of any other Canadian manufacturer but would like to know for my own reference.

_________________
Webley Tempest
Crosman 2289
Beeman QB78


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3318
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
I have to disagree with Savage Arms. Their new rifles, are coming out, as meh quality. Very rough finishing. Not as good as the Cooey/Lakefield era.

But here are some Canadian Manufactures I avoid. Seen way too many flops, or poor customer service.

North Eastern Arms ( NEA ) and Black Creek Labs ( BCL ) They are a joke in the Firearm Industry, for little to none, quality control.

Then you got S&J hardware. Meh products, out of spec parts, and machined backwards. Plus zero customer service. Also almost got me arrested for illegal items. I bought parts from him to build a 9mm AR15. He send me 2, 25rd un pinned uzi mags, fully loaded thru Canada Post. Guess tried to pass the buck to someone else.

Highlander Tactical.. Makes meh holsters, that thinks they are operator status, craps on other more popular holsters calling them sub par.

Maple Ridge Armory. Another needs to work on their quality control. Made barrels with the gas port drilled thru and thru.

Canadian Gun Worx. Never heard anything good about them.

Lockhart Tactical.

Funny thing is. Alot of these companies are in a circle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Nova Scotia
leadslinger wrote:
I have to disagree with Savage Arms. Their new rifles, are coming out, as meh quality. Very rough finishing. Not as good as the Cooey/Lakefield era.

But here are some Canadian Manufactures I avoid. Seen way too many flops, or poor customer service.

North Eastern Arms ( NEA ) and Black Creek Labs ( BCL ) They are a joke in the Firearm Industry, for little to none, quality control.

Then you got S&J hardware. Meh products, out of spec parts, and machined backwards. Plus zero customer service. Also almost got me arrested for illegal items. I bought parts from him to build a 9mm AR15. He send me 2, 25rd un pinned uzi mags, fully loaded thru Canada Post. Guess tried to pass the buck to someone else.

Highlander Tactical.. Makes meh holsters, that thinks they are operator status, craps on other more popular holsters calling them sub par.

Maple Ridge Armory. Another needs to work on their quality control. Made barrels with the gas port drilled thru and thru.

Canadian Gun Worx. Never heard anything good about them.

Lockhart Tactical.

Funny thing is. Alot of these companies are in a circle.


Thanks- most of these companies I've never heard of. I've been more focused on airguns than firearms in general but I am in the process of getting my PAL and will be eventually looking to purchase items. I'll make sure to do my due diligence.

_________________
Webley Tempest
Crosman 2289
Beeman QB78


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Atom-8
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3318
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Trevor wrote:
Thanks- most of these companies I've never heard of. I've been more focused on airguns than firearms in general but I am in the process of getting my PAL and will be eventually looking to purchase items. I'll make sure to do my due diligence.


Well I only really know a couple people in Canada that makes airguns. Bob ( BC ) and Joe ( NS ) But they haven't made it for resale.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO