Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:42 pm 

Can't say I've seen any performance difference between the regular H&N Fiel Target and their copper-washed version.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 pm 

Is that true they said the copper version is bigget size due to the extra coating on the regular size lead pellet ...

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:51 pm 

sillymike wrote:
Can't say I've seen any performance difference between the regular H&N Fiel Target and their copper-washed version.

Are those copper washed lead?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:56 pm 

Yes, these

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:49 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Jbanel wrote:
Do the grooves in the pellet in your photo suggest that they would wear down the rifling as opposed to lead?
I bought a tin of H&R Greens to try out.

Nope~ alloy pellets are harder than lead (lead is just such a soft metal), but still way softer than steel.

Although airgun barrels are not as tough as the powder burner barrel, but we also have much weaker power and no heat-up with powder burning in shooting... So no need to worry about the alloy pellets will wear out the rifling sooner than lead...

Of course a better, expensive airgun will have better barrel, deeper rifling, etc...

Glad to hear that, Thank you

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:53 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Jbanel wrote:
I forgot to ask - what is a springer? Is that different from CO2 guns like the ones I just got: the Gamo PT85 etc.?

You are right, just like the co2 capsule in your PT85 which is a different power plant style in your gun.

Springer is the air guns which uses spring as the power plant. You compress the spring in cocking the gun, pull the trigger to release it. And the spring pushes the seals to compress the air in the air tube to 'blow' it through the breech to push the pellet out... It's a super simple but effective design and can produce very high power too.

For a pistol, the HW45 is a very good example as a springer.

There are also other guns use compressed air as power. Like PCP (PP700SA, HW44), SSP (HW40, P17) and pumpers (ie. Crosman 1322/1377)...

Which of the guns you mention are the easiest to pump? pumping skills have eroded with age.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 pm 

[emoji38] we have two very different 'pumping' here... Pump a pumper, like 1322/2289 etc or pump a PCP gun with the hand-pump...

You can open another topic to talk about that...

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:31 pm 

I have had a very limited exposure to anything but lead, and have heard the cons more than the good. And Daryl yes I too carried them around in my mouth as well, between the paint chips and pellets I have a hard time picking out which one I like the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: