Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:08 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

redneck , i think it has to be in the same city as you

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:49 pm 

jonny1o1 wrote:
redneck , i think it has to be in the same city as you

Nope, it has to be in the same province, I believe.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:02 pm 

:D I was told it had to be within reasonable driving distance to price match. If shipping was involved, no match.

2240's never go on sale at CT around here. It is rare enough that any nearby stores even have them in stock, but you can order them.

Frankly, if you're even considering any but the tiniest mods, such as adding a steel breech and longer barrel, just buy all the individual parts from Crosman Canada and only pay for what you want, it really won't cost you any more than starting with a "base" from CT... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:19 pm 

VFraser is Correct,
By the time you tear it all down all your going to be keeping is the Frame and thats it, basically. Alot of the guy's in here have the spare hammer, but most are asking more then there worth. Just buy the parts separtely. The same price by the time your done with it. Thats hy mine cost $350.cnd+ to build :lol: $90.cnd for tyhe CTC #2240 then all of the parts on top of it. I got burnt for the S-Breech though. It was before I new what was going on in here really. Paid $45.cnd for it, when I could have got it for $35.cnd from Crosman, there not a wholesale business either if any of you's think so. :lol: :lol:

Krazy Mike... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:40 pm 

If you consider all the $$ I have in my 2250, which started as a $85 2240 from D&L, it would have to be close to $350 too. That includes $160 for the scope and rings though, but not all the shipping and taxes. No fancy parts, just plastic stock (kinda expensive in Canada!) and a Cr steel breech, all parts except scope part are current Crosman stock.

Though it is a gas hog, I honestly can't say I'm the slightest bit disappointed with its performance and utility. Looking at it though, you do kinda say "where did all the $$ go?".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:31 am 

I'm lucky to get between 17 and 20 full power shots from my Crosman #2240 totally changed though... :lol: Gaz Piggy :lol: :lol:

Mike... :)