Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
leadslinger are you going to buy one and whats so great about them i have not even seen a pick of one

I might if they revert the decision. Other than that, I really go no use for one. I stopped shooting my BB guns inside. Because I was tired of finding BB's all over the house. They get caught in my socks, slippers etc. Find them up stairs, down stairs and areas that I don't even shoot.

I guess they are a copy of a Winchester 94, that shell loading. So as realistic shooting and loading as the real deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 pm 

Lauchlin: There are a number of videos and pictures all over the internet of this gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lOtHQ3wIg

And read Dennis Adler's reviews:

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... le-part-3/

(Read his velocity check with BB's in part 3 and pellets in part 4))

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... le-part-4/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Lauchlin: There are a number of videos and pictures all over the internet of this gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lOtHQ3wIg

And read Dennis Adler's reviews:

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... le-part-3/

(Read his velocity check with BB's in part 3 and pellets in part 4))

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... le-part-4/

I will thanks .... are you going to buy one .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:19 pm 

I am hoping to buy it, but I do not currently have a PAL, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Will have to play the waiting game and hope Raman and some of the other dealers can get the error in the original classification corrected. Hopefully saner minds will prevail.

Although I really like the Daisy 1894 lever action spring BB rifle, (I have 7 different version of it). And they are fund to shoot, the accuracy is hit & miss with some, and most can hardly dent cardboard, on a good day, with a strong wind at my back.

So I would really like to get this new lever action and retire some of my Daisy 1894's.

I strongly believe that the CFP made an error in the classification. Possibly because they rushed the decision. I know from past experience that the classification normally takes weeks. For example, when the new Remington (Crosman) 1875 came out, it took Gravel Agencies (the Crosman distributor for Canada) almost a month to get it approved for entry into Canada and classified as a non-PAL airgun. Since it was only rated by Crosman to shoot BB's at 450 fps and pellets at less, the velocity was not the issue. The RCMP were having a big problem with it because they felt it looked to much like a real pistol. The fact that the Umarex Colt Peacemaker, and hundreds of other replica airguns were already on the Canadian market did not seem to matter to them. They were think of making a point here. Eventually, they approved it and it flooded the Canadian market (it is even sold at Princess Auto).

So when I heard this gun got classified in less than a week, I thought there might be a problem. And it looks like there is.

The reason why I know so much about the 1875, is a story for another day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 am 

lauchlin wrote:

Oh great ...Did i not hear Doug say he had one of these bb gun were did you get it from ...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Daisy_Po ... /1719#3463

This one!

4.15 joules - so WAY below the max...

8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 am 

wllm995 wrote:
lauchlin wrote:

Oh great ...Did i not hear Doug say he had one of these bb gun were did you get it from ...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Daisy_Po ... /1719#3463

This one!

4.15 joules - so WAY below the max...

8)

Ah no the rifle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:30 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
I don't got one. Just know a business has a meeting Wednesday. And I suggested to them. To chrony one to use as evidence. Since if reviewers are saying under 500 FPS with a chrony. It be a huge middle finger to them.

Any update on how this meeting went??

:?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:33 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
I don't got one. Just know a business has a meeting Wednesday. And I suggested to them. To chrony one to use as evidence. Since if reviewers are saying under 500 FPS with a chrony. It be a huge middle finger to them.

It's only lunch time, at least in the EST timezone, maybe need to give it another few hours.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:38 pm 

After it gets settled and I hope it does, it might be a good idea to copy the 'word of law' on the fps/joules/fpe, have that page plasticized.

We did a similar action for a member of ours, who had an assault charge in the 80's, dealt with, but he was barred from owning firearms. We

had the page containing the words that flintlock rifles and smoothbores were not firearms, thus OK for him to possess. Most of us in the club

have this page, kept in a folder in the truck. Also on that page, is the note concerning powder and ball or shot in the barrel, but not primed or

nor having a percussion cap on the nipple means the gun is not loaded, for those of us who hunt with ML's.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:08 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
wllm995 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

It's only lunch time, at least in the EST timezone, maybe need to give it another few hours.

Still reviewing emails, that people sent. No word on a time frame for them to respond back. And as we stand. No guarentee that they will re-classify.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:28 pm 

I guess no news is probably bad news... :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm 

Not sure what I'm at liberty to say, but sounded like it went poorly overall, not just for this rifle. It was conveyed that letting things quiet down and no more emails to CFP for awhile would be a good idea.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:41 pm 

I'm still waiting for the Tech lab to get back to me, and the ATIP.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 pm 

Unfortunately, the RCMP likes to go rouge and this liberal government won’t keep them in check.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:26 pm 

Well, just heard from Travis at airgunsource.ca that they checked the gun with a chrony and it's shooting over 500fps even with 8.4gr pellets, so definitely a PAL rated gun. Oshoot and/or the firearms program was correct in their rating.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next