Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:54 pm 

Quote:
(BTW - he said the TWO companies requesting a classification on this rifle were CSS and Oshoot)

To clarify CSS asked SPECIFICALLY t have it rated as Non-PAL.

I do not know what Oshoot asked it to be rated at...

Quote:
He also advised me that the rating was issued less than 24 hours after he spoke with them, and he advised that they do not make decisions that fast.

Therefore it leaves on one person that requested the PAL classification.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm 

I don't think people who request classifications really have the power to choose what it's classified as, but rather just want it reviewed to be sure.

I honestly think this entire thing is being over-blown. This entire situation is entertaining to watch in a way, but it's also silly.

You disagree with someone's assessment of something okay that's good, you have the right to your own opinion. However, it is clear from threads already being locked before that this is not the place for bickering.

I have no interest in anything co2 powered anyways, whether PAL or non-PAL rated, so whatever.

It is entertaining though. I'm just gonna eat popcorn like Micheal Jackson and watch this all play out from now on.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

Last edited by Twiggy on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 pm 

No, they can suggest what they should be. Based on the law. Normally a business will submit a firearm for inspection prior to importation.

I'm sure one done it out of spite.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:11 pm 

I'm skeptical of that.

I mean businesses want to make money, and getting an unregulated gun PAL rated, would be limiting the possible customer base for the product, and therefore limiting profits from said product. It'd be extremely bad for business.

I am happy to see that the classification is being looked over again, because from my understanding it has to meet both specifications not only one of them. However, I am obviously from things I already stated, not going to get all worked up about a co2 air gun I'd never buy anyways (at least for myself).

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:14 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
I'm skeptical of that.

I mean businesses want to make money, and getting an unregulated gun PAL rated, would be limiting the possible customer base for the product, and therefore limiting profits from said product. It'd be extremely bad for business.

I am happy to see that the classification is being looked over again, because from my understanding it has to meet both specifications not only one of them. However, I am obviously from things I already stated, not going to get all worked up about a co2 air gun I'd never buy anyways (at least for myself).

To Quote:

Quote:
I have it from a very reliable source that it was Oshoot, that requested the PAL classification alone, in order to speed up the approval process, so he could be the 1st person to sell this airgun in Canada. A non-PAL classification would take a few weeks, as the RCMP needs to go thru their checks, etc. whereas a PAL rating would not take any time for an airgun like this. I heard that if the approval was delayed by a couple of weeks, all the other dealers would have stock, and Oshoot would not be able to sell a lot them, as they are about 20-30% more expensive than many of the other dealers.
Also, just look who is the only person currently selling it in Canada and available to take advantage of being 1st, i.e. Oshoot. CSS, still has it on back order.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 pm 

:shock: Glad I don't shoot BB guns. Seems like a hassle. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:

Has nothing really to do with just being a BB gun. It's the principal. Its like them re classifying all sub 500 22's cal as PAL rated because they shoot more then 4.2 FPE. A gun didn't break the 4.2 FPE, but got classified as a NR. Because it was "over" 500 FPS.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

Has nothing really to do with just being a BB gun. It's the principal. Its like them re classifying all sub 500 22's cal as PAL rated because they shoot more then 4.2 FPE. A gun didn't break the 4.2 FPE, but got classified as a NR. Because it was "over" 500 FPS.

Very true, we do want to keep the CFP accountable and accurate.

I was robbed $30 when the RCMP said the Ruger 10/22 couldn't have a magazine that held more than ten rounds, and I had to throw mine out.

I ended up selling my 10/22 and buying a Remington 597 in the archangel black tactical stock, because I wanted no mag limits with it being a .22 and the 597 doesn't have any.

We don't want the RCMP to just randomly decide things, but rather we want to have them follow the law exactly and completely.

In this case meaning it has to meet all specifications, not just 1 of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:18 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

Very true, we do want to keep the CFP accountable and accurate.

I was robbed $30 when the RCMP said the Ruger 10/22 couldn't have a magazine that held more than ten rounds, and I had to throw mine out.

I ended up selling my 10/22 and buying a Remington 597 in the archangel black tactical stock, because I wanted no mag limits with it being a .22 and the 597 doesn't have any.

We don't want the RCMP to just randomly decide things, but rather we want to have them follow the law exactly and completely.

In this case meaning it has to meet all specifications, not just 1 of them.

Long story short.. Never should have been given legal status of NR. I only said they will. Because how they been interpretating laws and changing laws. It's the RCMP power tripping, and they need to be beaten down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 pm 

Be nice guy pleases ...I want this to stop now 8) 8) ..... my delete finger is get sore and if i delete this thread Doug will nag me till the end of time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:48 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Be nice guy pleases ...I want this to stop now 8) 8) ..... my delete finger is get sore and if i delete this thread Doug will nag me till the end of time

It will, Wednesday. When someone has a meeting with the tech department. To bring evidence and facts to play.

Then you can delete and Doug will just nag at the wall.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
lauchlin wrote:

It will, Wednesday. When someone has a meeting with the tech department. To bring evidence and facts to play.

Oh great ...Did i not hear Doug say he had one of these bb gun were did you get it from ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:35 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:

:lol: :lol: What you said

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
lauchlin wrote:

Oh great ...Did i not hear Doug say he had one of these bb gun were did you get it from ...

I don't got one. Just know a business has a meeting Wednesday. And I suggested to them. To chrony one to use as evidence. Since if reviewers are saying under 500 FPS with a chrony. It be a huge middle finger to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 pm 

leadslinger are you going to buy one and whats so great about them i have not even seen a pick of one

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next